Issues concerning capacity are rarely straightforward and require not only a thorough understanding of the legal principles underpinning the legislation, but also a clear understanding of how to apply those principles in practice.
Sandra McDonald, the former Public Guardian, will lead an interactive and comprehensive workshop which will consider:
- the underpinning principles and their practical impact
- supported decision making – what does it actually mean?
- balancing potentially conflicting principles
- deprivation of liberty
- assessing capacity
- cross-border implications
- reform – the latest position
With a very open approach, this clear and practical masterclass will provide an essential opportunity for those lawyers and other professionals to build on their existing knowledge of adult incapacity and turn that knowledge into effective practice.