Executry practice was at one time reasonably straightforward and for the most part non-confrontational.
However, things have changed. After attending this seminar, delegates will have an understanding of:-
- executors and conflicts of interest
- the main causes of contention – allegations of circumvention/undue influence – both in relation to the making of the relevant will and in respect of lifetime giving by the deceased
- disputes as to valuations for legal rights purposes
- the problems arising from Sections 28 and 29 of the Family Law (Scotland) Act 2006 in relation to intestate estates
- the competition to be executor dative
- problems with HMRC