All the practical stuff they didn't tell you at university and more!
Starting from the very beginning, we will fit each of the topics below into the wider picture of drafting and concluding a successful commercial contract for your clients. You will learn how to structure the terms of a contract, understand the default laws controlling and governing such terms, and think about some specific potential negotiation points which may arise. We will also cover some recent case law on warranties and indemnity, liquidated damages and exclusion of liability clauses so you can confidently advise your clients.
By the end of the course you will feel confident in dealing with a client’s transaction from start to finish and know that you will achieve the objectives that they want.
• Some of the most standard contract terms
- Conditions Precedent/Suspensive Conditions
- Confidentiality and Guarantee
- Alienation, Force Majeure and Arbitration
- Restrictive Covenants
- ‘Boiler Plate’
• Price/Consideration, Payment and Interest
• Warranties and Indemnities
• Liquidated Damages
• Exclusion and Limitation of Liability
Designed for Trainee solicitors to support the achievement of PEAT2 outcomes through substantive and relevant legal knowledge.