This webinar will look at the key considerations when drafting wills for cohabitants. In relation to wills for cohabitants without dependants, topics to be covered will include:-
• the importance of accurate information on assets
• problems with houses
• drafting/taxation issues
• what if there is a later marriage/civil partnership?
Wills for cohabitants with dependants will also be considered with particular reference to:-
• action on separation and divorce
• do the cohabitants intend to marry?
• appointment of executors and trustees
• jointly owned assets
• assets outside the estate on death
• personal chattels
• use of trusts