Our Qualification has been updated to reflect the enactment of the Land Registration etc. (Scotland) Act 2012, changes to laws and practices relevant to commercial leases and the introduction of Land and Buildings Transaction Tax (LBTT) as well as a comprehensive revision of the course materials in general.
The course aims to provide comprehensive coverage leading to an expert understanding to ensure steps are taken to achieve a smooth and legally sound transfer of ownership.
Delegates will be taught in-depth, practical application of the up-to-date law relating to commercial property. The comprehensive course covers the following key areas:
- Client Entities, communicating with and reporting to clients, introducing the commercial property marketplace
- The Different Registers, Examining Title
- Registration of Deeds in the Land Register of Scotland and in the Register of Charges/Register of Mortgages and Charges Notifying Tenants and Superior Landlord of Transfer
- Registration Of Deeds In The Land Register Of Scotland And In The Register Of Charges/Register Of Mortgages And Charges –Notifying Tenants And Superior Landlord Of Transfer
- Purchase And Sale Transactions
- Missives Of Lease, Common Law of Leases, Back Letters, Schedule Of Condition, F.R.I. (Full Repairing And Insuring) Leases
- Progressing And Completing The Lease Transaction Assignations. Sub-leases, Variations Of Leases
- Enforcement Of Missives; Burdens
- Essential Ethics for Paralegals