Family law in all its aspects is a stimulating and rewarding area of practice requiring skills in a challenging area of law and requiring the special skill of communication with people in crises. This area of law is governed by a substantial framework of modern legislation and an expanding library of judicial guidance set out in the relative case law.
The course has been updated to highlight the recent developments in Family Law including the introduction of same sex marriage and the effect of that upon family relationships. The course also focuses on the update in relation to continuing changes to the Child Maintenance Service and the child support regime for all new applications.
The course will be of essential interest to all paralegals, solicitors returning to the family practice area, social workers and other relevant family and childcare professionals, and will cover:
- Domestic Relations
- Legislation Surrounding Family Law and the Grounds for Divorce and Dissolution
- Financial Provision on Divorce and on Dissolution
- Separation Agreement
- The Divorce Client
- Parents and Children
- The Legal Capacity of Children
- Court Orders Relating to Parental Responsibilities and Rights
- Essential Ethics for Paralegals